Military Sea Burials
The Angels Ashes' military sea burials, which involve the dispersion of cremated remains, are beautiful, moving, and meaningful substitutes for traditional graveside tributes. Pat O'Connor is an Ordained Minister and missionary, and a classical pianist.
He was also a U.S. Army Airborne Special Forces Green Beret officer, and he performs our unique sea burials for clients. The memorial ceremony is structured for immediate family members. We also personalize it to your preferences. We offer elegant, customized military sea burials; the event becomes the befitting farewell for your loved one.
The Military Sea Burials
Typically, a military sea burial follows a specific pattern, as follows:
- The Honor Guard ceremony conducted at the park adjacent to the 'Orion' monument precedes the military sea burial.
- You can discuss the schedule of events with our Honor Guard, and this includes a 21-rifle volley, playing of music, and folding of the flag, the playing of music. There will also be playing of taps, along with readings by relatives.
- Some families opt not to want to conduct an Honor Guard - our team accommodates your preferences.
- The formal Honor Guard ceremony generally lasts thirty minutes and includes ammunition, firearms, and uniforms.
- We present refreshments and flowers to all attendees as they board our boat or meet us at a port.
- We lay the ashes in a small basket, covering it with rose petals and flowers, and then carefully place them in the water.
- We end all burial ceremonies aboard our ship or while witnessing from a pier by sounding the ship's bell and then circle the basket with the ashes in our boat.
- We also mail the family a certificate that mentions the exact latitude, longitude, and time of the military sea burial.
- We can develop and execute variants of this "conventional" ceremony per your preferences. Our staff will work with you to ensure your deceased loved one has a dignified, honorable, and compassionate send-off.
No matter what your requests, we are happy to plan the service accordingly within the existing legal limitations.
Personalized Military Burials
At our company, we provide dignified and unique military burials at sea in Huntington Beach, CA. Each service we provide military families is unique because it's your day, and we make every effort to organize it just how you want It. In the planning stages, we work with each client, taking the time to understand their needs before planning the military sea burial down to the last detail. We aim to create the most memorable farewells for veterans so that their families have some solace and can say their goodbyes to their loved ones in a befitting manner.
If you want additional details about our military sea burials at sea in Huntington Beach, CA, please call The Angels Ashes at 714 393-9999 or write to us via this Online Form. Our team will provide all the assistance you need to plan the type of farewell you want. We are here to give you all the details you require about our military sea burials, scattering of ashes at sea, and other services.