Dear Pat, I'm so grateful to you for taking such care to spread the ashes of my dear friend Charles. I received your touching letter and certificate. Thank you for all do to be there to take on such responsibility. Forever grateful, ~Robin [More Reviews >>]
In this pandemic crisis, so many businesses are closed that it’s almost daily we ask ourselves, “What next?” I felt that it would be prudent and important to address this as many of you are wondering if this has affected us. I receive calls from across the country every day asking if we are still open for business, still operating, can we be of help.
- Safety: We are extremely safe. There are absolutely no dangers for you and your party being on our boat. Besides the obviously safe conditions of our vessel required by the United States Coast Guard, no one is around to infect you with the virus. The nearby shops and restaurants that you walk by to board the boat are all closed by mandate. The parking lot at Shoreline village is empty. You will never be exposed to the virus in any way.
- Open: As I mentioned in the opening paragraph, yes, we open and flourishing. So many love what we do and trust us that the burials-at-sea are a welcome respite from the daily ‘abnormalcy’ to seeing and enjoying the open and beautiful ocean. It is so relaxing and peaceful to enjoy the fresh air, company of others, and yet, to feel safe and secure.
- Social Distancing: By design and USCG regulations, we are limited to a maximum of 12 passengers. Our seating is on 3 decks, thus 4 people per deck. That is a lot of distancing! Typically, we have about 6 people sitting on the aft deck, maybe about 4 or 5 on the fly-bridge, and maybe a couple in the main salon. ‘Orion’ is beautiful and beautifully laid out for your comfort.
- Business Design: When we set up our non-profit, we chose to limit the size of the parties on board. We liked the experience of the small, close family funeral rather than the larger design. I personally felt that it just seemed more loving and intimate. I liked the idea of the larger groups of friends getting together afterwards with the celebration-of-life as opposed to a huge gathering for the actual funeral. Thus, by design, social distancing aboard ‘Orion’ is safe.
- Typical Service: My son the Captain and I are the only ones joining you party. We will join, have a safety talk, and be at sea for about an hour and a half. You will relax, enjoy the time on the ocean, and feel safe. Everything will be ‘customized’ for you so that the scattering-of-ashes goes according to your plan.
- A Great ‘Escape’: Many are isolated, lonely, afraid, not knowing what to do. Joining us and your family and friends helps tremendously. Just ‘getting out’, having company at a safe distance, experiencing the beauty of the ocean makes all of us feel better in these troubling times. Please call, make plans. We would love to hear from you and spend some time with you.